Vaping is the process of using a vaporizer to convert a substance from a solid or liquid form into a gas vaporized form. This process is achieved by applying heat to the substance either through conduction or convection heating methods. When applied to the use of cannabis, vaping often involves using dried cannabis and heating it up to release the vapors from the plant without setting it on fire.
If you are considering trying vaping instead of smoking your cannabis, check out these benefits vapers enjoy!
1. Vaping allows you to control the temperature of the cannabis. Vaporizers allow you to set the temperature level to control how fast the cannabis is heated and how fast the vapor is released. Temperature settings can range from 285 degrees to 340 degrees.
2. Vaping does not release any smoke but only vapor gas. When you smoke cannabis, you are inhaling burning cannabis. This means you are also drawing in smoke and other chemicals that can make smoking weed hard on your lungs. With vaporizers, the vaping process is much cleaner and provides a more pleasant experienced compared to smoking cannabis. Plus, you are only getting the terpenes and cannabinoids through vaping, not the other toxins and carcinogens.
3. You can control how slow or fast you experience the effects with vaping. As you increase the temperature level on your vaping device, the effects become stronger. So if you are vaping at 340 degrees, the effects will be the highest. Compared to smoking cannabis, vaping can also provide more immediate release of the effects since you are only inhaling the terpenes and cannabinoids. Vapers also get to enjoy the effects for much longer, which can last for two to three hours.
4. Vaporizers are less messy and convenient to use. You don’t have to worry about carrying around rolling papers, a lighter, and other such things to enjoy cannabis. With vaporizers, you just put the cannabis into the chamber and can enjoy vaping whenever you want. Not to mention there is virtually none of that “stinky weed” odour from vaping.
5. Vaporizers can help save you money. Less cannabis is required when you vape to achieve the same desired effects as smoking cannabis. This is because more of the terpenes and cannabinoids are released when vaporized. As a result, save money on your cannabis purchases.
6. There are all different sizes of vaporizers to try out. If you are just getting into vaping, a vape pen can be a good vaporizer to start with. There are pens that are perfect for dry cannabis as well as ones that work with cannabis oils. There are also larger vaporizers you can use at home that offer a variety of features and options.
Now that you know the benefits of vaping cannabis, why not order a vaporizer from the Hippie Grow Shop today? Feel free to contact us directly if you have questions or need assistance in selecting a vaporizer.
Cannabis plants are just like most other plants and have male and female species. Most people are more familiar with the female cannabis plant, since it is this plant’s buds that are harvested and used.
While both male and female plants both produce flowers, it is only the female plant that fully matures. The only exception are hermaphroditic cannabis plants, which contain both male and female aspects. These plants will also fully mature and can be harvested.
Cannabis Plant Terms
To help become more familiar with the cannabis plant, let’s look at some of the more common terms and what they mean.
- Cola: The cola refers to a cluster of buds found on female plants. During development, the buds grow so closely together they often appear as a single large bud. It is here you will find the highest concentrations of cannabinoids which includes cannabidiol (CBD).
- Fan Leaf: This is the leaf that most people recognize as the symbol used to refer to cannabis. While the leaves do look amazing, they only contain trace amounts of CBD.
- Bracts: This is the part of the female plant that contains the ovary and where seeds are formed. The leaves around this area are small and look like tear drops. Some people refer to the bract as the seed pod or sugar leaves.
- Calyx: This part of the plant consists of a collection of cells that together form the perianth. The perianth is a translucent, delicate veil that encloses the seeds partially.
- Pistil: The pistil is the female reproductive part of the plant. It is the most important feature to ensure plants are pollenated and mature. Within the pistil are the stigmas, coloured hairs that can be seen coming out of the bracts. It is the stigmas that collect pollen from male cannabis plants and once fertilized, produce seeds.
- Trichomes: The trichomes are mushroom-shaped glands you will find on a cannabis plant’s calyzes, leaves, and stems. The trichomes are the part of the plant that secrete terpenes, THC, resin, and CBD.
Types of Cannabis Plants
Originally there were three common types of cannabis plants:
- Cannabis Sativa
- Cannabis Indica
- Cannabis Ruderalis
It was believed that each of these plants has their own unique effects. However, as growers started cultivating hybrid cannabis plants and developing new strains, the original pure species of plants no longer are as relevant when cultivating new strains.
Today, there are well over a hundred different strains of cannabis plants on the market today, with new strains being developed all the time. Each of these strains is created to produce specific effects and have their own unique characteristics.
Now that you know more about cannabis plants, why not try growing you own at home? You can get grow lights, grow tents, grow kits, and other products and accessories by browsing our online store or by contacting use directly here at Hippie Grow Shop today!
Growing your own cannabis plants at home is not only a great way to have access to your own cannabis, but can also be fun and education. Once you have your seeds, make sure to gather the following materials ahead of time:
- Paper Towels
- Glass Bowl
- Dinner Plate
- Spray Bottle
- Two Inch (5.1 cm) Small Garden Pots
- Nutrient Rich Potting Soil
- Grow Lights
Once you have everything ready, now you are ready to start growing your own cannabis plants using these steps.
Step 1: Germinate the Seeds
Take a glass bowl and fill it with room temperature tap water. Next place your seeds into the bowl. Soak the seeds in water for 12 hours. If you notice any seeds that are floating remove those before moving onto the next step – these are not viable seeds. Only the seeds that sunk to the bottom will grow.
Step 2: Prepare the Seeds
Take a paper towel and wet, but not soaking. Lay the paper towel on a plate. Now place your seeds onto the paper towel. Seeds should be placed about a half inch (1.3 cm) apart and should not touch each other. Next, wet another paper towel and place it over the seeds. Store the seeds in a warm location 21 to 29 degrees Celsius (75 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit) out of direct sunlight.
Step 3: Care for the Seeds
You will want to check your seeds several times throughout the day and verify the paper towel is still wet. Use a spray bottle with water to re-moisten the paper towel as needed. Normally, in about two days the seeds will start to grow. You need to wait until the roots are about a half inch (1.3 cm) long before planting them in potting soil.
Step 4: Plant the Seeds
Fill your garden pots about two-thirds full of potting soil. Make sure the soil is damp. Poke small holes in the dirt with your pencil about a 0.64 cm (quarter inch) deep. Next, using your tweezers, put the seed into the hole, with the roots pointing down. If the seeds are stuck to the paper towel, wet it down and then carefully remove them. Cover the seeds with about a 0.64 cm (quarter inch) of loose soil. Do not compact or press the soil down.
Step 5: Waiting for the Seeds to Grow
You will want to take your garden pots and place them in a warm area 21 to 29 degrees Celsius (75 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit) out of direct sunlight. Make sure the soil remains moist to the touch and dampen with a spray bottle as needed.
Step 6: Caring for Your New Plants
Once the plants start to poke through the dirt, move them under a grow light. They will need constant light 24/7 to grow. While they are growing, avoid touching them as this can stunt their growth. Now all you have to do is wait for them to mature.
To get grow lights and other products for growing your own cannabis plants at home, please feel free to shop Hippie Grow Shop or contact us for further assistance.
Did you know that each strain of cannabis has its own unique aroma and scent? This is caused by the terpenes found within the particular strain of cannabis. Skilled cannabis growers experiment with terpenes to create their own scent profiles. The reason they do this is because everyone has scents and smells they enjoy over the traditional “musky” smell of cannabis.
What Are Terpenes?
Terpenes are oils that are fragrant and found in a wide range of plants. From citrus to pine and other such species. The scents terpenes secrete are what gives flowers, herbs, fruits, and vegetables their unique scents. This is why an orange smells like an orange and roses smell like roses.
Presently, over a hundred different types of terpenes have been identified. It is not unreasonable to anticipate there are many more terpenes still waiting to be discovered. Most of the terpenes that have been identified have come from cannabis plants. In fact, certain strains of cannabis can been found to contain around a hundred terpenes alone!
What Are Terpenes Important?
Imagine if you liked citrus and found a strain of cannabis that smelled like citrus! It is possible thanks to using different terpenes when creating the strain of cannabis. On the other hand, what if you liked a peppery or spicy smell? You can find cannabis strains that smell peppery and ones that smell spicy. There are even strains that smell woodsy, earthly and like flowers.
As you might guess, this means that is possible to find a strain of cannabis with your favourite scent and smell. It is important to keep in mind that the levels of terpenes in cannabis plants can and do vary. It is possible to find one strain that has several different scent profiles.
This is because the levels of particular terpenes in certain plants are stronger than those in other plants. Furthermore, each individual terpene can have multiple scent profiles. For growers, this can make developing new strains of cannabis very difficult and challenging.
Why Do Growers Try to Create New Strains of Cannabis?
It can be fun experimenting with different strains of cannabis and crossbreeding them to see what new scent profiles you can create. This is why so many people enjoy growing their own cannabis plants at home. Who knows? You could discover a new scent profile of cannabis that could become the next “trendy” scent everyone will want!
If you do decide to try your hand at creating new strains with new scent profiles, just make sure to document and record everything you do from the very start. By keeping notes, you can determine what did and did not go as expected.
For all of your cannabis grow light needs and other products for creating new strains of cannabis, please feel free to shop Hippie Grow Shop or contact us for further assistance.