There are several different ways to grow marijuana plants at home including using soil and hydroponics. Hydroponics is soilless growing using water and some form of medium. The growth medium is inert – meaning it does not break down or degrade.
A typical hydroponics system will use “buckets’ filled with the growth medium where water flows through the buckets and provides moisture for the plants. Water is also responsible for transporting nutrients to the plants. Air stones are also required to aerate the water.
There are many different types of hydroponics setups that can be used to grow marijuana at home. Depending on your preferences, skill level, and knowledge, it is not uncommon to develop a preferred method and configuration. If you are new to hydroponics, it is best to start with a standard configuration until you become familiar with this method of growing marijuana.
What Are the Benefits of Growing Marijuana Using Hydroponics?
The primary benefit of using hydroponics is faster growth times. Typically, marijuana plants grow at an average 40% faster using hydroponics instead of soil. Another great benefit gained with hydroponics is larger yields when plants are ready to harvest.
The reason hydroponics provides these two great benefits is the nutrients required by marijuana plants are delivered more precisely than adding them to the soil. In soil-based systems, the roots must be in contact with the nutrients to benefit from them.
What Does a Basic Hydroponics System Setup Look Like?
Aside from the hydroponics system that includes the buckets, growth medium, hoses, air stones, and other components, you will need some other equipment for a complete system setup to grow marijuana at home including:
- Grow Tent
- Marijuana Seeds or Plants
- LED Grow Light or HPS Grow Light
- Light Hangers
- Fans for the Grow Tent
- pH Meter or pH Test Kit
- Carbon Filter
- Liquid Nutrients
- Duct Tubes
You can get most of the basics you need by looking at different kits. For example, you can find grow tent kits that include everything you need to set up the grow tent including grow lights. A hydroponics kit includes everything you need to set up the hydroponics system. So by investing in two kits, you will have just about everything you need to get started growing.
One common mistake people make when setting up a hydroponics system is to jump in and plant their seeds or plants right away. Even though they might get lucky, most of their plants never grow. The first thing you need to do is get the system up and running and allow it to cycle for about a week. During this time, you can add some nutrients to the water and start establishing the pH level. After cycling, you are ready to start growing your plants.
To find everything you need to set up a hydroponics system to grow marijuana at home, please feel free to browse Canada’s online grow shop at Hippie Grow Shop or call us at 905-435-5845 today! You can also schedule an appointment to visit our store in Toronto.
Growing your own Herbs plants for the first time can be challenging if you do not know where to begin. Not to mention, the amount of different resources on the subject may make you feel overwhelmed. Fortunately, these 8 simple steps will help get you started growing.
If you are looking for a new way to grow Herbs that does not require having to experience with soil mixtures or worrying about your plants not getting the right nutrients, you should try growing them using a hydroponics system.
The first thing you need to understand is growing Herbs indoors presents its own set of challenges. With our beginner’s guide, we break growing down into easy-to-follow steps to help get you up and growing as easily as possible. Ready to get started? Let’s get growing!
In 2016 the Canadian government passed the Access to Herbs for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR), which are intended to replace the Herbs for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR). Since its passing, individuals and growers can apply to be sanctioned growers under the ACMPR, thus eliminating the need to access medicinal Herbs only through government-approved facilities. For the many Canadians who rely on medicinal Herbs being able to grow their own medicine may seem like the ideal solution. But before you apply for a grow license, there are some important facts you need to know.
- You can increase your production. The Herbs Act allows for the production and use of Herbs and Herbs products for recreational use. Though it allows for recreational use, the Herbs Act limited the number of plants any one household could grow to four. Under the ACMPR, individuals can now grow up to 500 plants so long as they are properly licensed.
- You can grow your own Herbs, but you cannot sell it. Under the ACMPR, patients can designate themselves as the supplier of their own medicinal Herbs. However, unless a grower is a properly approved and licensed manufacturer, it is still illegal to sell Herbs to others.
- You still have to have a prescription to grow your own medical Herbs. While the ACMPR does allow patients to grow, harvest, and use their own Herbs, individuals must still have a prescription from a medical doctor or other authorized health professional. A medical professional will assess your need, your dosing, and the duration of your prescription.
- You must comply with your medical authorization. The important distinction between the rules of the Herbs Act and the ACMPR is in the quantity an individual is allowed to have in his or her possession. Under the Herbs Act, an individual can have up to 5 grams of fresh Herbs or 70 grams of Herbs products (like oils and butters) for recreational use – though this will vary depending on provide and territory. Under the ACMPR, it is potentially allowable to carry more than the personal use allotment, so long as you are in compliance with your medical authorization.
When you are ready to start producing your own medical Herbs, Hippie Grow Shop is ready to help you get your operation going. From grow lights to tents, we have the supplies you need. For more information about our grow supplies, please feel free to check out our selection or give us a call at 905-435-5845 today!